Country Pop Bites: Kenny Chesney – April 23
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2002 BNA released Kenny Chesney's album "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems"?
It's true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Kenny Chesney.
- He wrote the 1999 tune "You Had Me From Hello" after watching Renee Zellweger's performance in the 1996 film Jerry Maguire. Six years later, Chesney and Zellweger surprised the world with a quickie wedding and an even quicker annulment just four months later.
- He received numerous industry honors, including several Entertainer of the Year wins at both the Country Music Association Awards and the Academy of Country Music Awards.
- He is an avid football fan (he was a wide receiver in high school), and has participated in workouts with the New Orleans Saints and created a song for ESPN's college-football coverage.
- He was named No. 8 on Billboard's Top Touring Artists of the Decade. His stadium tours in the 2000s reached more than 9 million fans and were documented in the 2010 theatrical concert film Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D.
- He was honored as Tennessean of the Year by the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame in February 2011.