Country Pop Bites: Kellie Pickler – January 1
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2011 Kellie Pickler married songwriter Kyle Jacobs?
It's true! He is a co-author of Garth Brooks' "More Than A Memory," in the Caribbean. Happy Anniversary!
Check out this Kellie Pickler video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Kellie Pickler.
- She won the 2004 Miss Stanly County Pageant and moved on to the Miss North Carolina Pageant, becoming its youngest competitor at age 17.
- She worked as a roller-skating waitress at a Sonic restaurant when she auditioned for Season 5 of American Idol.
- She had never flown in a plane until her trip to Hollywood to appear on American Idol.
- Upon her return home to Albermarle, NC, in May 2006, she was greeted by thousands of well-wishers, including her estranged father, ex-con Clyde "Bo" Pickler.
- She was a bridesmaid at Katharine McPhee's February 2, 2008 wedding to Nick Cokas.