Country Pop Bites: Keith Whitley – December 24
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1988 Keith Whitley checked in at #1 on the Billboard country chart with "When You Say Nothing At All"?
It's true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Keith Whitley.
- Jackie Keith Whitley was born July 1, 1955 in Sandy Hook, Kentucky.
- He was a bluegrass prodigy, who got his start playing in imitation of the Stanley Brothers.
- As a young man, he and childhood friend Ricky Skaggs got the opportunity to play with the man himself -- Ralph Stanley.
- He performed with the bluegrass legend's Clinch Mountain Boys until 1972.
- His musical influences were Hank Williams, Lefty Frizzell, George Jones and, of course, Stanley Brothers.