Country Pop Bites: Keith Whitley – April 8
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1989 Keith Whitley picked up a #1 single in Billboard with "I'm No Stranger To The Rain"?
It's true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Keith Whitley.
- Jackie Keith Whitley was born on July 1, 1955 in Sandy Hook, Kentucky.
- He was a bluegrass prodigy, who got his start playing in imitation of the Stanley Brothers.
- As a young man, he and childhood friend Ricky Skaggs got the opportunity to play with the man himself -- Ralph Stanley.
- He performed with the bluegrass legend's Clinch Mountain Boys until 1972.
- At the peak of his stardom in 1989, he died from an alcohol overdose.