Country Pop Bites: Josh Turner – March 11
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2006 Josh Turner's "Your Man" hit #1 in Billboard?
It’s true! Check out the video.
Here are 5 little known facts about Josh Turner.
- He made his public singing debut in church at age 5 with the song "Arky Arky."
- He developed a vocal lesion in the mid-'90s, due in part to working around chemicals in an agricultural warehouse. He had to cease singing for a year while it healed.
- He was a classmate of American Idol contestant Melinda Doolittle at Belmont University.
- He wrote breakthrough hit "Long Black Train" after listening to a Hank Williams box set while at the Belmont library.
- Hi influences include Hank Williams, Randy Travis, John Anderson, Johnny Cash and Vern Gosdin.