Country Pop Bites: Josh Turner – June 22
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2006 Josh Turner's "Would You Go With Me" video debuted on CMT?
It's true! Brooks & Dunn's "Building Bridges," featuring vocal contributions by Vince Gill and Sheryl Crow also debuted on the same day!
Check out Josh's video for " Would You Go With Me."
Here are 5 interesting facts about Josh Turner.
- His musical influences include Hank Williams, Randy Travis, John Anderson, Johnny Cash and Vern Gosdin.
- He made his public singing debut in church at age 5 with the song "Arky Arky."
- He developed a vocal lesion in the mid-'90s, due in part to working around chemicals in an agricultural warehouse. He had to cease singing for a year while it healed.
- He was a classmate of American Idol contestant Melinda Doolittle at Belmont University.
- He wrote breakthrough hit "Long Black Train" after listening to a Hank Williams box set while at the Belmont library.