Country Pop Bites: Josh Turner – June 14
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2003 Josh Turner married Jennifer Ford in northern Georgia?
It’s true! Happy Anniversary to them!
Check out this Josh Turner video!
Here are 5 little known truths about Josh Turner.
- His musical influences include Hank Williams, Randy Travis, John Anderson, Johnny Cash and Vern Gosdin.
- He made his public singing debut in church at age 5 with the song "Arky Arky."
- He developed a vocal lesion in the mid-'90s, due in part to working around chemicals in an agricultural warehouse. He had to cease singing for a year while it healed.
- He was a classmate of American Idol contestant Melinda Doolittle at Belmont University.
- He wrote breakthrough hit "Long Black Train" after listening to a Hank Williams box set while at the Belmont library.