Country Pop Bites: John Michael Montgomery – May 15
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1993 John Michael Montgomery earned the first #1 single of his career with "I Love The Way You Love Me"?
It’s true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known truths about John Michael Montgomery.
- His favorite foods are venison, beans and corn bread.
- He went on hiatus in 1995 due to a vocal cord injury.
- He sang guest vocals on "Warning Signs" in 1997, a No. 56-peaking musical track which included snippets from a Bill Engvall comedy sketch.
- In 2005, he confirmed that he had a condition known as Acoustic Neuroma, which is a non-cancerous growth that interferes with a nerve running between the brain and the ear. This condition can affect balance and hearing. The problem was corrected.
- In 2008, he entered rehab for an undisclosed substance abuse problem. He sought rehab at a drug-treatment facility in Hazard, KY. His condition was cited as severe anxiety attacks and a sleep disorder.