Country Pop Bites: John Michael Montgomery – May 15
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1993 John Michael Montgomery earned the first #1 single of his career?
It's true! It was with "I Love The Way You Love Me"! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about John Michael Montgomery.
- He was born in Danville, Kentucky and raised in Garrard County, Kentucky.
- He got musical encouragement from his father, who played in a local country band and taught him his first chords.
- He joined the family band which included his brother, Eddie Montgomery, playing guitar before becoming lead singing when his parents divorced.
- In 2005, he confirmed that he had a condition known as acoustic neuroma, which is a non-cancerous growth that interferes with a nerve running between the brain and the ear. This condition can affect balance and hearing. The problem was corrected.
- In 2008, he announced that he was in rehab for an undisclosed substance abuse problem; he sought rehab at a drug-treatment facility in Hazard, KY. His condition was cited as severe anxiety attacks and a sleep disorder.