Country Pop Bites: Joe Nichols – November 26
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1976 Joe Nichols was born in Rogers, Arkansas?
It’s true! Beginning in 2002, he became one of the first new hitmakers of the century, scoring Grammy nominations and using a Haggard-like tone on such releases as "The Impossible" and "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off".
Check out this Joe Nichols video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Joe Nichols.
- His first job was at age 12 when he would walk with his brother six or seven miles to pick blueberries for $1.50 a bucket.
- His first public singing experience was at a family get-together, where his uncle had a called a karaoke machine. He was probably 14 and got up to sing. Everyone was shocked he could actually carry a tune.
- His favorite food is Sushi.
- His first vehicle was a white ‘69 Chevy pickup.
- His most embarrassing moment was when he was six or seven hewas at church with his family (in front of 400 people), the preacher asked for hymn requests, he stood up and requested “Red Neckin', Love Makin' Night.”