Country Pop Bites: Joe Nichols – March 29
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2003 Joe Nichols picked up his first #1 single in Billboard with "Brokenheartsville"?
It’s true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 fun facts about Joe Nichols.
- He was born in Arkansas on November 26th 1976.
- Nichols' mother was a single mom and his father drove a truck but also played bass and sang.
- He inherited his love of country at the feet of semi-professional pickers including his grandfather, uncles and truck driving father Mike.
- His former jobs included moving furniture and installing cable TV systems.
- Joe’s dad succumbed to a long battle with a rare pulmonary illness at age 46. Rather than cancel an earlier scheduled performance on the Grand Ole Opry, the day after the funeral the entire Nichols clan decided to drive to Nashville to watch Joe sing his father’s favorite Merle Haggard song, “Footlights,” as a tribute.