Country Pop Bites: Joe Diffie – November 10
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1990 Joe Diffie realized his first #1 country single with "Home"?
It’s true! Remember that one?
Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Joe Diffie.
- Joe Logan Diffie, Jr. was born December 28, 1958 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- After graduating, he attended Cameron University in Lawton, Oklahoma. Although he initially earned credits toward medical school, he decided against a medical profession after marrying for the first time in 1977, and ultimately dropped out before graduation.
- He first worked in oil fields, and then drove a truck that pumped cement out of oil wells in Alice, Texas, before he moved back to Duncan to work in a foundry.
- Hi son Tyler was born with Down syndrome and nearly died in 1991 following complications from a tonsillectomy.
- From 1992 to the early 2000s, Diffie held a charity concert and golf tournament benefiting First Steps, a nonprofit organization for the education of mentally and physically impaired children.