Country Pop Bites: Jennifer Nettles – November 26
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2011 Jennifer Nettles married Justin Miller?
It's true! The wedding was in east Tennessee with Sugarland partner Kristian Bush in attendance.
Check out this Jennifer Nettles video.
Here are 5 interesting facts about Jennifer Nettles.
- She began singing at age 10 with a Georgia 4-H club called Clover and Company.
- In college, she formed Soul Miner's Daughter with friend Cory Jones and released their debut album, The Sacred and Profane, in 1996.
- She later founded The Jennifer Nettles Band, which won a talent contest and was invited to perform on the 1999 Lilith Fair tour.
- She joined Kristen Hall and Kristian Bush to form Sugarland in 2003; after Hall left the group, Nettles and Bush became a duo.
- Sugarland has received numerous honors, from a 2008 Grammy to being named CMA Vocal Duo of the Year in 2007 and 2008; Nettles has individually won Grammys, CMA and ACM Awards for her songwriting and collaborations.