Country Pop Bites: Jamey Johnson – April 16
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2009 Jamey Johnson earned a gold album for "That Lonesome Song"?
It's true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Jamey Jonhson.
- As a teen, he drank beer and played country songs at the grave of Hank Williams Sr.
- He served eight years in the Marine Corps Reserves and was discharged the same week his unit was ordered to Iraq.
- He moved to Nashville where he ran a construction business before finding success in country music.
- He released his debut album, They Call Me Country, in 2002.
- He signed with BNA records and released The Dollar in 2005. Shortly after the release, the label dropped him, he divorced his wife, and he spent a year in seclusion to write songs.