Country Pop Bites: Gretchen Wilson – November 3
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2005 Gretchen Wilson's "All Jacked Up" was heard in the WB drama "Smallville"?
It’s true! Tom Wopat played a senator in the week's episode, re-teaming him with former "Dukes Of Hazzard" co-star--and "Smallville" regular--John Schneider.
Check out the video for “All Jacked Up”!
Here are 5 interesting truths about Gretchen Wilson.
- Her mother was only 16 when she had Gretchen, and her father left when she was only 2-years-old.
- She left school after eighth grade, and took a job cooking and tending bar at Big O's, alongside her mother when she was 14.
- A year afterwards, she was living on her own, and managing the bar with a 12-gauge double-barrel shotgun behind the bar for protection.
- She got her musical talent from her father, and she would perform at Big O's for tips. She moved to Nashville in 1996.
- John Rich of Big & Rich got her music career started.