Country Pop Bites: Gary Allan – October 11
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2005 MCA released Gary Allan's "Tough All Over" album?
Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Gary Allan.
- Gary Allan Herzberg was born and raised in La Mirada, California, to Harley and Mary Herzberg.
- He was offered his first recording contract at age 15, but he declined so he could finish school.
- He took a job selling cars before he made it big. He left a demo tape in the glove box of a truck purchased by a wealthy couple. When the couple discovered that he was the singer, they wrote him a check for $12,000.
- In 1987, Gary married his first wife, Tracy Taylor. They since divorced. He married model Danette Day on November 28, 1998 in South Carolina and they divorced in June 1999. His third wife, Angela (whom he wed on June 5, 2001), committed suicide on October 25, 2004.
- He initially put his career on hold, but soon turned to music to deal with the loss of his wife. This resulted in 2005's heart-wrenchingly personal album, Tough All Over.