Country Pop Bites: Gary Allan – November 29
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2007 Gary Allan earned a gold album for his "Greatest Hits"?
Check out this Gary Allan video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Gary Allan.
- To ensure that the family would focus on music, his mother insisted that the family's guitars would always remain visible in the home.
- At age thirteen, Allan began playing in honkytonks with his father. Two years later, he was offered his first recording contract, from A&M Records, but rejected the deal to finish his education.
- He took a job selling cars. He left a demo tape in the glove box of a truck purchased by a wealthy couple. When the couple discovered that he was the singer, they wrote him a check for $12,000.
- His sound is heavily influenced by the Bakersfield scene, especially Buck Owens and Merle Haggard.
- In 1987, Gary married his first wife, Tracy Taylor. They since divorced. He married model Danette Day on November 28, 1998 in South Carolina and they divorced in June 1999. His third wife, Angela (whom he wed on June 5, 2001), committed suicide on October 25, 2004.