Country Pop Bites: Garth Brooks – January 12
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1991 Garth Brooks rose to #1 on the Billboard country singles chart with "Unanswered Prayers?"
It's true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Garth Brooks.
- He attended Oklahoma State University on a track scholarship and competed in the javelin.
- He went to Nashville in 1985 in search of a record deal, but gave up and returned home after just 23 hours.
- He released his first single, "Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)," in 1989.
- He mentioned former pro bronco rider and singer Chris LeDoux in his first single, and years later attempted (unsuccessfully) to donate part of his liver to an ailing LeDoux.
- His third album, 1991's Ropin' the Wind, was the first country record to debut at No. 1 on both Billboard's Country Albums chart and the Top 200 Albums chart.