Country Pop Bites: Faith Hill – April 9
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1999 Faith Hill launched her first tour as a solo headliner?
It's true! It was with a performance at the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis.
Check out this Faith Hill video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Faith Hill.
- She joined a band in high school and began performing at rodeos and local fairs.
- She moved to Nashville at 19 and denied being an aspiring singer in order to get a receptionist job at a music publishing company.
- She released her first album, Take Me as I Am, in 1993.
- She met her husband, country singer and actor Tim McGraw, when they toured together in 1996.
- She founded the Faith Hill Family Literacy Project in 1996.