Country Pop Bites: Eric Church – July 25
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2011 Eric Church got a gold single for "Homeboy"?
It’s true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known truths about Eric Church.
- He bought a guitar and began writing songs of his own at age 13. By his senior year of high school, he had found a gig at a local bar, which occupied most of his time.
- He has a degree in Marketing from Appalachian State University.
- He formed the band "Mountain Boys", which consisted of his college roommate, brother, and a fellow guitarist.
- He married music publisher Katherine Blasingame on January 8, 2008 in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. In 2011, they welcomed son Boone McCoy Church.
- He wears his sunglasses at night… for a reason. When his career was getting started, he was forced to deal with the heat from the stage lights drying out his contacts. As he began performing in larger venues, his aviators and Von Dutch denim trucker hat became his signature trademark.