Country Pop Bites: Eric Church – April 20
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2012 Eric Church's "Springsteen" went gold?
It's true! Meaning the album sold more than sold 500,000 units (records, tapes or compact discs).
Check out this Eric Church video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Eric Church.
- His first name is actually Kenneth.
- At 13, he bought a guitar and began writing songs of his own.
- By his senior year of high school, he had found a gig at a local bar, which occupied most of his time.
- Before moving to Nashville, Eric graduated from South Caldwell High School and then Appalachian State University with a degree in marketing.
- He was in a band called “Mountain Boys” early on in his career. The band consisted of his college roommate, brother, and a fellow guitarist.