Country Pop Bites: Eddie Rabbitt –August 23
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1980 Eddie Rabbitt parked himself at #1 on the Billboard country chart with "Drivin' My Life Away"?
It’s true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Eddie Rabbitt.
- His father was an oil-refinery refrigeration worker and a skilled fiddle and accordion player who often entertained local New York City dance halls.
- By age twelve Rabbitt was a proficient guitar player, having been taught by his scoutmaster, Bob Scwickrath.
- He dropped out of school at age 16. He later obtained a high school diploma after taking courses at night school.
- He worked as a mental hospital attendant in the late 1950s.
- During his Nashville days in the early 1970s, Rabbitt owned a pet monkey named Jojo.