Country Pop Bites: Doug Stone – February 1
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1992 Doug Stone's "A Jukebox With A Country Song" blasted into the #1 position on the Billboard country singles list?
It's true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Doug Stone.
- Stone was born as Douglas Jackson Brooks on June 19, 1956 in Marietta, Georgia.
- His mother, who was also a country music singer, taught him how to play guitar when he was five. When he was seven years old, his mother placed him onstage to open for Loretta Lynn.
- He found additional work singing as a teenager: first at local skating rinks, and then at local bars, and later as one member of a short-lived trio; in addition, he and his father worked as mechanics to make ends meet.
- In 2005, he was sentenced to six months in jail for civil and criminal contempt for failing to release his financial records and failing to pay alimony and child support.
- He has appeared in films When the Storm God Rides and The Story of Bonnie and Clyde.