Country Pop Bites: Dolly Parton – August 5
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1989 Dolly Parton scored a #1 country single with "Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That"?
It’s true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known truths about Dolly Parton.
- Dolly Rebecca Parton was born on January 19, 1946 in Locust Ridge, Tennessee. She was one of twelve children.
- She started performing professionally when she was just 10 years old, appearing on local television and radio shows in Knoxville.
- She opened her own theme park called Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, in 1986.
- She once had a feud with radio host Howard Stern after he aired a segment in which previous spoken recordings were manipulated to make it sound like she made some obscene statements.
- She has been married to Carl Dean since 1966. The couple met at a Laundromat two years earlier.