Country Pop Bites: Deana Carter – October 18
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1997 Deana Carter ended up at #1 on the Billboard chart with "How Do I Get There"?
Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Deana Carter.
- Deana Kay Carter was on born January 4, 1966 in Nashville, Tennessee. She is the daughter of singer Fred Carter, Jr.
- She majored in Rehabilitation Therapy at the University of Tennessee. After she graduated, she worked with recovering stroke and head injury patients.
- She dated music video director Chris Hicky and had a son during their relationship; Gray Hayes Hicky was born in September 2004.
- She has been a national spokesperson for the National Kidney Foundation; her late father was a kidney transplant recipient.
- She wrote a book called Songs From the Heart.