Country Pop Bites: Deana Carter – November 8
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1996 Deana Carter took home her first gold album?
It's true! She was awarded for her debut, "Did I Shave My Legs For This?"
Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Deana Carter.
- Deana Kay Carter was actually named for Dean Martin, who recorded one of her songwriter father’s songs.
- When she was 4, she traveled to New York City with her father to see him perform with Simon & Garfunkel at Carnegie Hall.
- Some of her musical influences include Elton John, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, John Anderson, Dolly Parton, Kenny Loggins and Willie Nelson.
- She has a degree in rehabilitation therapy from the University of Tennessee, and worked with stroke and head-injury patients for a year after graduation.
- Her favorite Country song is Kris Kristofferson’s “Help Me Make It Through The Night,” performed by Sammi Smith.