Country Pop Bites: David Lee Murphy – October 28
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1995 David Lee Murphy's "Dust On The Bottle" turned up at #1 on the Billboard country chart?
Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about David Lee Murphy.
- By 1983, he had moved to Nashville, Tennessee, seeking a successful career in country music. Two years later, he was spotted by record producer Tony Brown at a club in Nashville, although Brown did not sign Murphy to a record deal until nearly a decade later.
- He co-wrote album cuts for Reba McEntire and Doug Stone before he made it big in the industry.
- In 2000, he hosted a series of concerts in his hometown of Herrin, Illinois, raising $25,000 for the Jack Murphy fund, which David Lee started in honor of his father, Dr. Jack Murphy, a local civic leader and educator.
- By the 2000s, he had shifted his focus to songwriting. One of his first cuts in the 2000s was the title track to Aaron Tippin's 2000 album People Like Us; this song was a Top 20 for Tippin in 2001.
- He is married to his wife, Donna, and they have three sons. They live on a secluded farm just outside of Nashville.