Country Pop Bites: Daryle Singletary – August 16
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2003 Daryle Singletary married surgical nurse Holly Mercer at the Lovely Lanes Chapel in St. Simons, Georgia?
It’s true! Happy Anniversary!
Check out this Daryle Singletary video!
Here are 5 little known truths about Daryle Singletary.
- Daryle Bruce Singletary was born on March 10, 1971 in Cairo, Georgia.
- His father was a postal worker and his mother was a hair dresser.
- He started out singing gospel music at a young age with his brother and cousins.
- Once he moved to Nashville, he found work singing during open-mic nights at various venues, before finding work as a demo singer.
- One of the demos that he sang was "An Old Pair of Shoes", which Randy Travis eventually recorded.