Country Pop Bites: Clay Walker – October 16
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1993 Clay Walker earned his first #1 single in Billboard with "What's It To You"?
It's true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Clay Walker.
- His full name is actually Ernest Clayton "Clay" Walker, Jr.
- He got his first guitar when he was just 9-years-old.
- He began playing in talent competitions at the age of 15.
- After leaving his shift as nighttime desk clerk at a Super 8 Motel, he stopped at a local radio station to deliver a tape of a song that he had written. Although the morning disc jockey told him that the station's policies prohibited playing self-submitted tapes, he played Walker's song and said that it was "too good to pass up."
- He used to work at a Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company plant before he made it big in music.