Country Pop Bites: Clay Walker – April 15
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1996 Clay Walker was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis by a Houston doctor, after seeking an examination for numbness in his fingers?
It's true! He was told--incorrectly, it turns out--that he will be in a wheelchair within four years, dead within eight.
Glad to see that Clay is still alive and kickin'!
Check out this Clay Walker video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Clay Walker.
- His musical influences include Merle Haggard, George Jones, Bob Seger, George Strait, Lionel Richie, James Taylor and Jimmy Buffett.
- His favorite song is Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
- His favorite sports are football, fishing, rodeo and golf.
- He has been married twice and has four children.
- In 2008, he received a Humanitarian Award for his charitable efforts in relations to MS.