Country Pop Bites: Chris Cagle –July 28
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2004 Chris Cagle flew over Cheyenne, Wyoming, in an F-16 fighter jet with the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds?
It’s true! He did!
Check out this Chris Cagle video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Chris Cagle.
- He took piano lessons before switching to guitar in high school.
- Cagle graduated Ross S. Sterling High school in Baytown, Texas in 1987.
- He moved to Nashville in 1994 and worked as a nanny for entertainment attorney Rod Phelps while trying to break in to the music business.
- He was diagnosed with multiple anomalies on his vocal cords in 2004. They included a polyp, a lesion, a vocal fold cyst, and a granuloma. The diagnosis forced Cagle to cancel nearly twenty appearances that year, including opening dates for Rascal Flatts. He was ordered sixty days of vocal rest, although he did not sing for nearly three months after the diagnosis.
- He married school teacher Elizabeth Filer on September 10, 2001 in Houston, Texas, but the marriage ended two years later.