Country Pop Bites: Bryan White – August 8
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1998 Bryan White proposed to "One Life To Live" actress Erika Page while on tour in New Jersey?
It's true! She said yes, but the couple agreed to keep the engagement private for the next four months.
Check out this Bryan White video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Bryan White.
- He was raised by a musical family. He began playing the drums at age five through the instruction of his father.
- He also played in his mother's rock band and his father's country band as a teenager, and was encouraged to take up singing after his mother heard him sing during a sound check.
- During his late teens, he also sold t-shirts for the band Pearl River, in which his friend Derek George played guitar. The band regularly let him onstage to perform a song during their concerts.
- He also befriended two record producers: Billy Joe Walker, Jr. (who is also a session guitarist, songwriter, and New Age musician) and Kyle Lehning, the latter of whom helped him sign a contract with Asylum Records in 1994.
- He and his wife have two sons, Justin and Jackson.