Country Pop Bites: Brad Paisley – January 21
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2013 Brad Paisley performed "American Saturday Night" during an inaugural concert for President Barack Obama at the Washington Convention Center?
It’s true! Also in the lineup: Jennifer Hudson, Stevie Wonder and Jamie Foxx, who sings "I Can't Stop Loving You."
Check out this Brad Paisley video.
Here are 5 interesting facts about Brad Paisley.
- He wrote his first song, "Born on Christmas Day," when he was 12; his school principal was impressed and asked him to play it at a Rotary Club meeting.
- He performed on WWVA's "Jamboree USA," a weekly country-music radio show, after the station's program director saw him play at the Rotary meeting.
- He was a "Jamboree USA" regular for eight years, opening for country stars the Judds, George Jones and Ricky Skaggs, among others.
- He released his debut album, Who Needs Pictures, on June 1, 1999.
- He started the Brad Paisley Foundation in 2000 to help charities in and around his hometown of Glen Dale, WV.