Country Pop Bites: Anne Murray – July 6
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1974 Anne Murray registered her first #1 country single in Billboard with a remake of "He Thinks I Still Care"?
Check out this Anne Murray video!
Here are 5 little known truths about Anne Murray.
- Morna Anne Murray was born June 20, 1945, in the coal-mining town of Springhill, Nova Scotia. Her father, James Carson Murray, was the town doctor. Her mother, Marion Margaret Murray, was a registered nurse.
- One of her earliest performances was of the song "Ave Maria" at her high school graduation in 1962.
- After high school, Murray attended Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax for one year. She later studied Physical Education at University of New Brunswick in Fredericton.
- She married Bill Langstroth on June 20, 1975, on her 30th birthday, and gave birth to two children: William (born 1976) and Dawn (born 1979).
- On June 29, 2007, Canada Post issued the limited edition Anne Murray Stamp. She was recognized along with three other iconic Canadian recording artists: Paul Anka, Gordon Lightfoot and Joni Mitchell.