A mid morning house fire in Centreville Monday displaced a family of three.

The fire was reported around 10 a.m. at 62 Charleston Road. There was extensive damage to the home, said the Dan Bedell. Communications Director, Atlantic Canadian Red Cross.

The family - a woman and her sons ages 9 & 10 - are staying with relatives for now. Red Cross volunteers have arranged emergency purchases like clothing, food and provided some blankets and personal-care kits as well as comfort toys for the children.

The woman was the only one home at the time but was not injured from the fire, Bedell.